Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Schedulings

So, I'm really bad at planning out my day. I've gotten better with last semester by adding my class schedule and important dates to my gCal, which propagates to my mac and iPhone. That's a tremendous step actually. I remember being issued a day planner all throughout high school & middle school and I remember finding them under my bed that following summer break. What I want to do now is plan out my free time. Fill in those gaps between classes and my off days so that I can become more productive. What I replace the empty time with doesn't have to be productive exactly, like 2 hours for a film, but hopefully would make my over all schedule as productive as possible. I really want to start finding new music again so I'm definitely going to add time slots dedicated to browsing music blogs and sifting through last.fm and hypem.com. I guess I'm writing this post to remind myself to make this schedule and what I want to include in it.

hours of operation
  • Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm
  • Saturday-Sunday: 8am-3pm

activities
  • Reading (recreation):
    • News
    • Music
    • Books
  • Homework
  • Exercise
  • Projects
  • Feeding the muse

Hopefully this will curb my excessive use of addictive drugs such as hulu and netflix and keep my day focused until after 6 or 7 at night.

Also my laptop memory came in today. Upgrading from 1gb of ram to 4gb. It's an over due upgrade.

No comments: